Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ohmigohh!



Ok, so if you've heard me make the noise spelled above, will you know what it says...thus I apologize to those out of the loop. But it's a noise I make when a little excited and pleasantly surprised and a little hyper.
But, the Testify! shadowcast poster was approved earlier, and then printed, and I'm really, really excited for two reasons.
1) I just illustrated people I know doing something they like for a public show.
2) I just did the above in record time (for me)

You see, the post on the....5th? was the first day of shading and about the second day of working on the project after it was concieved. Today's the 8th. I pretty much just did a poster of 15 figures (mostly half figures) in less than a week. This makes me happy cause that means I've grown as an artist since this time last year, when I would've taken a MONTH to do the same thing. I woke up early to work on it, was diligent about ONLY working on it, and completed a complex project with Time To Spare before the deadline.
That last part is a BIG thing I've been working on as a habitual Procrastinating Artist.

Between now and the showing of Repo: The Genetic Opera I'll be slaving away painting and glossing the 40+ new heartwork pendants and assembling displays for everything. Luckily, Saturday isn't the only show I need everything I planned on doing, so if it doesn't get done tomorrow I still need it for the 31st at Oblivion and in August for the Starving Artists' Benefit August 21 & 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment