Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A record has been set

for the quickest and non-messy comps in the world.



The way most of my illustrations start are as photos which I "photo-chop" into my basic composition and vaugely layer in the warms, cools, highs and lows. I didn't sketch over anything yet or even show the highlights since I haven't been able to ask the client/aquaintence about the composition. I need to make sure that I didn't leave any cast members out, and I'm debating on adding little comic-book style name boxes to each character...similar to the running comic style in most of the "Repo:" promos.

The colors will be very pulp-fictiony, with stylized realism enhancing very little but keeping true to the likenesses.

I hope they like it! Now I must run to get ready for the movies :) The Hobbit and I are going with a friend to see Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and someone else in a theatre-shown concert.

1 comment: